Welcome to the first Words on Wednesday!
Each month* I will post an optional topic, but you can write about whatever you like as long as it is about writing in some way. This includes promoting your work!
The first topic is Introduce Yourself.
- I’ve been writing since I was five years old. I was a prodigy – my very first poem went: There’s a rainbow in the sky; Oh I do, do wonder why.
- I wrote my first story when I was ten years old. It was about a preteen girl volunteering in the hospital and meeting a girl in her late teens who was dying of leukemia.
- I wrote a lot of poetry in high school. It was a form of self-therapy for my undiagnosed depression.
- Four years ago I began working on a memoir about adopting my daughters through foster care. I’ve been revising (does it ever end?) and have begun working on my proposal.
I love to write because it gets everything on the inside, on the outside. The paper is kind of like the pensieve from Harry Potter, and the words are my memories.
OK, now it’s your turn…
When you have written your words, click on the linkup button to add your post. It’s that easy!
I hope… I haven’t actually tried it yet. Note: WordPress does not support a linkup plugin so please follow the Linky Tools link below to add your post.
This is the reason I created the Words on Wednesday linkup.
With that in mind, please read and comment on at least one other post (suggest the one linked up before yours). Of course, your writing community will grow faster if you visit more than one blog in the linkup. And sharing the linkup with your writing friends is another great way to grow our community.
If you have any questions, please send me a message.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
* This may become weekly after the kids are back in school.