I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and unfocused.
I got the developmental edit for my memoir back about a week ago. I was already having a hard time deciding where and how to focus on my journey to publication; now I’m overwhelmed.
- Do I focus on Tweeting at least three times a day?
- Do I focus on writing engaging and informative blogs. (I don’t think they are at this point, which is another stressor!)
- Do I focus on getting my blog looking more pretty and professional?
- Do I focus on submitting articles to magazines? Essays to blogs?
- Do I focus on my Facebook page?
- Do I work on my memoir’s developmental edit?
- Do I put forth more effort to engage other writers in a writers group?
- Do I begin my Kickstart campaign?
- Do I reach out to foster-adoption organizations?
With the input of my wonderful husband, I’ve decided to do none of these things.
I am taking a week off – no blogs, no FB memoir page, no more researching areas to submit writing, no Tweeting, no working on memoir, NOTHING!
In a week I hope I have more focus and feel less overwhelmed.
In the meantime, I am going to concentrate on getting my Writing Room in order.
I want to do some household projects.
I am going to finish my reading The Glass Castle, then start reading another memoir.
I am going to breathe.
Perhaps I will even try to meditate…