I am taking part in a Book Blogger Love-A-Thon. I don’t know much about it aside from it runs February 21 through February 22. The first thing is a About Me type questionnaire.
1. What’s your name?
My name is Lynn.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m in Carmichael, a suburb of Sacramento. I’m typing away at the antique piano desk in my Writing Room
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I created this blog to accompany my memoir: Born in My Heart: A Bittersweet Adoption Blessing. At a writer’s conference last week I learned this is called a platform. 🙂
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
It was originally the same title as my book; however, I wanted to blog about more than my book so I changed it. Written Reflections seemed a more accurate description and it flowed nicely, so I went with it!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
As of yet, I haven’t reviewed any books on my blog. I enjoy reading chick lit by British authors and memoirs. When I read a book that I love, I often “binge” on that author until I’ve read them all.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I blog about my experiences as a foster-adopt mother, which includes foster child adoption advocation. I blog about day-to-day experiences with a creative twist. I blog thoughts and feelings and general musings.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I had some great comments on a blog about my memoir. I’ve only been blogging about a month so I’m still a newbie.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Getting to know other people from all around the world, their differences and similarities.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
1. The Melody Lingers On by Mary Higgins Clark
2. Host by Robin Cook
3. None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
4. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (I know it’s not a new book but it was recommended by my book club.)
5. The stories in my writer’s group
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Hmmmm, have to think about that one…
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I always thought CC Bloom from Beaches by Iris Rainer Dart would be an awesome best friend.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love to write and am currently trying my hand at poetry that isn’t inspired by teenage angst. I love jigsaw puzzles and Sudoko. I like to bake with my kids. Travel is a passion of mine but is on hold until the kiddos are older.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Honestly, I don’t do much book shopping – I am a library lover! What I do love to purchase, however, are clothes from consignment shops, especially local, charity-driven ones. I always get great deals!
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
You Spin Me Around by Dead or Alive. Honestly, any 80s music would have me shaking my tail feathers.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I love reading books that were made into movies, even though they generally are not nearly as good. At this point I can only think of books that were made into movies and I really wish they hadn’t been.